Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bar Carts

It's official! The signs of spring are finally showing. I enjoy nothing more in spring than unwinding after a long week with a Pimm's Cup, curled up in a chair on the patio. With nice weather on the horizon, it's time to start stocking my bar cart. Warmer weather always welcomes unexpected guests so I say it's better to have everything you need for an impromptu get together than scrambling all over the house and fumbling through cabinets.

photographer Emily Minton Redfield

I love the simple, mid century lines on this bar cart and the super shiny chrome finish. You can get a similar look here

Glasses

Spanish Wine Glasses from Canvas Home
This glass is one of my absolute favorites. I love it so much that I featured it a few weeks ago in my "Perfect Little Glass" post. The size is great for cocktails so you don't over-serve, and it doubles as a wine glass. The versatility makes it perfect for a bar cart. Plus, it's affordable so no worries if one happens to break.

Ice Bucket


Ice Bucket from Sister Parish Design 

Sister Parish Design makes a charming ice bucket and it comes in a number of prints inspired by their fabric collection. I love the lucite handle with the bold pattern.

Ice Bucket from iomoi
IOMOI makes tons of adorable customizable pieces with Chinoiserie-inspired motifs and monograms, from lucite trays and ice buckets to canvas totes and smoking slippers.

Spirits, Wines, and Garnishes
  • I always like to have a few different types of hard liquor on hand: vodka, tequila and gin are currently the resident options. 
  • A red and a white wine. 
  • Versatile mixers. Get mixers that pair easily with a variety of liquors so you have more flexibility with what types of cocktails you can concoct
  • Nice water. For those who aren't drinking, it's nice to feel like you aren't the red headed step child getting tap water.
  • Lemons and limes are a must
  • Pistachios. Always have a little something to munch on.
Want more bar cart inspiration? Check out my Bar Cart Pinterest board for extra ideas.







No comments:

Post a Comment