Friday, April 26, 2013

Itching for a household Makeover?

Sometimes being a decorator is an occupational hazard.  New trends introduce new fabrics, paint colors and furniture styles. It's no wonder that at least once a year I tell my husband, "we should consider selling our house." When the topic recently came up, again, he asked if I was serious or just needing a new project.

While I pondered the idea of what exactly was "bothering me" about our home I decided that I would re-purpose some furniture and rugs that I already owned. Who knew that re-locating my living room rug to the family room and swapping out our kitchen table for a table my husband had in his bachelor days would scratch my itch to move!  

Here are some before and after pictures of my new digs. And it didn't cost me a penny!  By the way, the rug I rolled up from the family room is for sale. Try to look past the photography! The "before" shots were done professionally and I just snapped the "afters" myself.  


Family Room " Before"


Family Room "After"


Who knew that a new rug and throw pillows would completely reinvent this space? 


Living Room "Before" 



 Living Room "After"


You don't have to hire a decorator to transform your space. This understated rug settles the room and a few accessories and pillows are all I needed to feel like I was walking in to a completely new space. 

 Kitchen "Before"





Kitchen "After"


Such a transformation! Who knew an old bachelor pad table would get the job done so well? Changing the shape of a room, in this case, swapping out a rectangular dining table for a round one, always makes a space feel new and fresh. I also think it makes the kitchen feel more intimate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment